Honestly, chocolate chip cookies are not my favorite, but this recipe kept calling my name so… I had to answer the call, right. I will have to admit they’re pretty good.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugars together until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix with spoon, then add to shortening mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake in 375 degree over for 8-10 minutes.
- When you pull them out of the oven lightly tap the pan on your counter top to “settle” your cookies. Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!!
recipe from Passionate Penny Pincher.
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17